The Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine is committed to developing and disseminating novel therapies for the repair and replacement of diseased tissues and organs. One way to achieve this goal is to foster the careers of young investigators to encourage them to seek solutions to problems in regenerative medicine. As part of this effort, the Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine Young Investigator Award was established in 2008 to recognize outstanding achievements by members of the Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine International Society (TERMIS) who are in the early stages of a career in regenerative medicine.
The Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine Young Investigator Award will be presented during the 7th TERMIS World Congress meeting (June 25-28, 2024) to two (2) individuals in the early stages of their research careers (graduate student, post-doctoral fellow, or within 10 years after a PhD degree). Each awardee will be recognized at one of the TERMIS Chapter Award Presentations and will receive an award certificate and a monetary award of $2,500 (U.S.).
Individuals interested in applying for this award should submit the following documents via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 10, 2024:
- Application form
- Applicant’s current CV
- A copy of the applicant’s TERMIS-WC 2024 abstract
- A one-page Personal Statement describing the applicant’s career goals
- Two letters of recommendation
All eligible individuals are encouraged to apply. To be eligible for the award, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as a student in an advanced degree program (Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent) OR early career investigators within 10 years after receiving their PhD degree.
- Member of TERMIS (student or regular membership)
- Actively involved in any area of regenerative medicine research
- Have or will have an accepted abstract for a presentation for TERMIS-WC 2024
- Be in attendance at TERMIS-WC in Seattle, WA
- No affiliation with Wake Forest University or Wake Forest University Health Sciences
The award winners will be selected by a review panel, and applicants will be informed of a decision by April 30, 2024.